As 2016 comes to a close, I’ve decided to make the last post of 2016 one which I share with you some discoveries that I have made across the board – fashion, footwear, beauty, food, etc. These discoveries might not actually be “new” but they are new experiences for me 🙂 So, in no particular order, here are 6 things I discovered this year….
1. The Jack-it Bag – I love it as a jacket but it can easily convert into a bag. Catch my interview with the brand HERE. The jacket I’m wearing is made of velour and has a strong satin lining. I’m looking forward to wearing it more in 2017.
2. Salted Caramel. Since the end of 2015 when I discovered Tesco Salted Caramel Cream Liqueur and Wilkins Salted Caramel Spread, I have had an indulgent love affair with salted caramel throughout 2016 – cheesecakes, ice creams, chocolate – and then, at the beginning of December, I found this ultimate shower cream from Avon ….. Yes, it’s “salted caramel & almond” …..
3. Chocolate Red Wine. This year, courtesy of my darling husband, I discovered chocolate red wine. It is a combination of 2 of my favourite things – chocolate & wine! It is pretty sweet, smells divine and tastes heavenly – it is akin to port rather than your standard glass of red. My new favourite “liqueur” to date.
4. Contouring. I was a little late in embracing this make up look and couldn’t quite “get it” until I came across this delightful contouring stick by W7. It is a 2-ended stick with a highlighter at one end and a bronzer at the other – plus clear and handy instructions on how to apply on the box.
5. Slippers. OK – not quite a “discovery” BUT I used to hate wearing slippers as I always received furry ones or memory foam style slippers which I felt were uncomfortable, made my feet sweat and I couldn’t walk in them! I needed to find a pair that I could wear indoors – and I found these leather Moroccan style ballerina style slippers from NEXT. They not only look stylish but they fit well, are comfortable and I now wear slippers indoors! No more stubbed toes that used to occur when I walked about barefoot.
6. Fitbit. Coming home on a flight from Madeira in August I was listening to a podcast on my phone that was talking about the health benefits of walking 10,000 steps. It motivated me to move more. A Fitbit was on my Xmas list but my lovely husband treated me to a Fitbit beforehand. I love it. I have gone from being a slob to being on the move and although I don’t always hit 10,000 steps every day I am pleased with the 8000 steps + a day I do currently hit and my twice weekly 10,000 steps +. Love the turquoise colour strap too.
What did you discover in 2016? Do tell, I’d love to know!
All photos by Linda Hobden