Roses are red … and sometimes blue, black, grey and pink if you look at one of this summer’s hottest trends – the rose print. Roses have always been my favourite flower … it is definitely the only flower I can bear to be in the same room/garden with, most blooms leave me a quivering, sneezing and wheezing wreck! In this blogpost I’ve picked out my 45 favourite “rose” inspired fashion finds – accessories, fragrance, home furnishings as well as clothes – I am a typical Gemini – I love a good mix so I’ve got some vintage inspired items, girly girl stuff, festival goodies, casual looks and some rock chick/goth – and they are all equally fabulous so not in any particular order. Step inside my virtual wardrobe and kindle a romance with roses….
1. Dolce & Gabbana Rose Print Blouse - fabulous teamed with a black pencil skirt this nude blouse features a rose print, short puff sleeves, low cut back, wide V-neckline, scalloped hem and black lace edging. Just the thing for that perfect date at the posh restaurant …
2. Christopher Kane Rose Corseted Bandeau - I’m blown away by this romantic brown and nude silk corseted bandeau featuring a rose print, cropped at the waist, and hook & eye fastenings on the back.
3. Oh My Love “Rose” Long Sleeve Top - I couldn’t resist this pretty dark red top with its all over rose design. It is semi-sheer but with the right bra/cami underneath it will be a fab addition to your next season’s wardrobe…maybe with a velvet black pencil skirt, stockings and stilettos…I’m sure you get the drift!
4. Only Rose Shirt - A denim shirt oozing girliness with its pretty all over rose print … denim on denim? Yes, oh Yes. I would team with my denim skinnies or jeggings, no problem. It’s adorable.
5. Seafolly Rococo Rose Swimsuit - Available in green or dark blue, both are lovely but my favourite has to be the green though. The swimsuit reminds me of a slightly retro 50s style – the cups are padded and the sides are ruched – it’s extremely figure flattering.
6.Matalan Rose Print Sequin Kaftan – The essential beach/pool cover up featuring a multi coloured rose print with sequin embellishment on the neckline and draped sleeves. Excellent value, especially as it is currently in the sale for £5.
7. Matalan Rose Tote Bag – Perfect for everyday use, this black with a rose print tote bag features a zip fastening, is fully lined and has a wipe clean exterior.
8. Misguided Anikate Rose Print Bardot Frill Dress – Rock ‘n’ Roll roses print meets ancient aztec print to produce one of this season’s hottest trends, clashing prints. this mini bodycon dress has a bardot-style off the shoulder neckline . Team with black wedge heels for that perfect summer party.
9.Misguided Carlena Rose Print Blouse – Be daring in the boardroom with this striped and rose detailed blouse, with its very flattering cross-over front. Wear with a black pencil skirt for work or team with skinny jeans and heels for that casual date.
10.Paul by Paul Smith Rose-Print Hoody - A lovely monochrome rose print zip through hoody for those cooler casual days. Cut from super-soft jersey with a bronze-toned zip.
11.Dorothy Perkins Sparkle Rose Drop Earrings – These unusual earrings are in the sale this week for £3 and what a delight they are! Consisting of a mirrored drop earring with rose and rhinestone detail. Great dangly earrings for that night out on the town.
12.Dorothy Perkins Multi Green Rose Print Top - An absolutely beautiful peplum top that looks good for an evening out or even in the office, teamed with a black or teal blue pencil skirt. It has a sexy upper back cut out.
13.Dorothy Perkins Rose Floral Print Vest – Very pretty all over rose print vest top in 100% viscose – it has a soft, silky feel and is machine washable. Extremely versatile – wear with jeans, skirts, shorts, or smart trousers – for day wear or evenings out.
14.Debenhams “Gorgeous” Black Rose Printed Longline Bra - Styled in black rose printed satin, this longline style bra has black lace detailing, moulded & underwired cups and boning along the front & sides. The cups are also fully lined. Also available in this range are the matching briefs and thong.
15.M & Co Padded Rose Nightdress - A pretty rose patterned nightie with removable bra pads and a soft lace trim along the V-neck front. Available in sizes 14-18-20. Very flattering.
16. Avery Crossbody Bag – Being sold exclusively through Free People. This distressed two-tone “vegan leather” (100% polyurethane) crossbody has embellished detailing on both front & back (rose printed canvas detailing), long adjustable strap plus two handles, one zip pocket inside, popper button enclosure and is fully lined. Very cute indeed.
17.BooHoo Maya Large Rose Print Knot Back Maxi Dress - This dress has a red background with an all over large rose print. Very sexy for that summer night party. Very bold so not for shrinking violets! There is a cut out back detail – will look fabulous with a tanned back. At £15 it doesn’t break the bank either!
18. Phase Eight Kyoto Rose Dress – A fabulous dress ideal for that summer wedding or cocktail party. Fitted in a slinky jersey fabric with a flattering cowl neck and all over rose print. The dress is also fully lined and has a fixed waistband with a detachable waist tie, and is a trendy knee length too. I would wear this dress with some kitten heel sling backs in nude.
19.Beauty Night Magnetic Bra & Skirt Set - I just love this set – fabulous for a boudoir photo shoot! A sexy 3-piece set – bra, thong & skirt feature trimming with red roses on the bra top & at the front of the skirt, the bottom of the bra is lined in black satin, and the bra top also has a jewel & feather pin.
20.Jonathan Aston Sweet Roses Anklet – These cute lacy anklets are ideal worn under trousers or with shorts. Available in black or ivory. The lace look is so bang up-to-date and although they look flimsy and delicate, they are actually well made and strong that you should get many wears out of them. Also available in the same range are the knee highs, lacy with a cute back seam – these look cute with a pair of denim cut-offs.
21.Accessorize Chintz Rose Print iPhone 4 Cover - This phone cover is for use with an iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S. The case itself is 100% plastic with a very pretty colourful rose print. One of the prettiest cases I’ve seen in a long time.
22.Dorothy Perkins Pretty Peach Roses Ring – A pretty gold look ring with pretty peach coloured roses and rhinestone detailing.
23. Fresco French Rose Beach Towel - It may be slightly extravagant to spend £100 on a beach towel but this towel seems well worth its price tag. it is richly coloured, meticulously detailed and very plush indeed. It has a look of a tapestry that you’d hang on a wall, and if you didn’t want to use it for the beach, it would make a fabulous showpiece for your bathroom (am I the only one who uses beach towels as mega bath towels??!) This towel is pre-washed and pre-shrunk thick terry cotton and is machine washable. Made in the USA with delivery to the UK no problem.
24.Yves Saint Laurent Paris Premieres Roses Fragrance - One of my all-time favourite fragrances, YSL’s Paris , this fragrance is a modern and fresh twist on the classic fragrance with notes of: Eglantine rose, peony, lily of the valley,white musk. Delightful.
25.House of Hackney Dalston Rose Velvet Dungarees – Part of the House of Hackney’s debut ready-to-wear collection. These short dungarees have a slight gothic edge yet combines fabulously with the brand’s Dalston Rose print of antique English roses with a contemporary gradient dip dye effect across the base. In velvet too, so can be worn in summer with a tee and versatile for Autumn/Winter when teamed with thick opaque tights & chunky boots.
26. Bodyflirt Rose Applique Blazer - This coral blazer instantly smartens any outfit – ideal for weddings and special occasions. Comes with ruching and a rose appliqué at the front, cropped sleeves, and hook/eyelet fastening. Very feminine.
27.Everything5Pounds Roses & Leopard Print Envelope Clutch – As it says on the tin, this clutch is only £5 and is stunning. Available in 5 colours, there is bound to be a clutch to suit your outfit. It also has an adjustable shoulder strap. I like the grey colour way, as shown, as well as the red. Get in quick though – stocks are very limited!
28. Everything5Pounds Vintage Chains & Roses Pattern Bikini - Available in 3 colours, although my favourite colourway has to be the cream/pink. The reviews say that the bottoms come up small, so go for the bigger size if you are inbetween sizes.
29.Fashion Union Black Floral Print Crop Top – A very pretty black short sleeved crop top with an all over rose print. Looks fab with some denim cut-offs, skinnies or aqua blue/turquoise capri pants and a tanned toned tum.
30.Next Vintage Red Rose Wallpaper – A vintage design wallpaper ideal for creating your vintage paradise at home, emphasis on the chic with the shabby chic look! Good quality paper that hangs well – matching paint colours available to complete your look.
31.Next White Rose Tank – Lovely alternative to the faux roses in an upright vase – 4 artificial white roses in a glass tank which would look stunning on a small window ledge.
32.Next Vintage Rose & Magnolia Fragranced Candle - Very pretty and has a lovely calming effect, burns up to 55 hours and emits a delicate fragrance with notes of rose, magnolia & peony.
33.Next Set of 2 Framed Rose Prints – Complete your shabby chic look with this set of 2 rose prints in a foxed mirror to enhance the vintage looking effect.
34.George Rose Print Shorts – These are definitely in my Asda shopping basket – these briefs are so pretty with a lovely rose pattern on the front, mesh back and the corally pink colour is gorgeous. Really classy lingerie for everyday wear, whatever the occasion.
35.M & S Rose Bedset - I’m normally not one to like floral bed linen but occasionally a bed set comes along that catches your eye, and this bedset is in this category. I love the purple/grey colouring, putting a twist on the traditional rose pattern. It really is extremely stylish. Made from a soft cotton fabric, it comes in 3 sizes – single, double, kingsize – and includes matching pillowcases. fully machine washable and can be tumble dried too.
36.M & S Florentyna Soap Roses Gift Set - I actually just love the look of these soap roses as a bathroom decoration! These soaps release the luxurious Florentyna fragrance with top notes of gardenia, jasmine, lily of the valley, and orange blossom. Using them is easy – pluck one or two petals as required and lather with warm water to cleanse hands or body.
37.Superdry Skinny Rose Print Jeans – I’m a great fan of jeans in general and in summer nothing beats a pair of white or bleached blue jeans. These jeans are an off white/pale grey colour with a faded all over rose print in a grey/pink colourway. It is a photographic print that gives the jeans a funky retro feel. I love the super skinny fit as well. A must for the summer wardrobe of the biker chick – just add the leather biker jacket!
38.EyeCatchBags – Donelia Faux Leather Rose Flower Detail Bag - Unique style handbag with a rose flower detail and intertwined print scarf. Made from quality faux leather material with a zipped top closure and inside open pockets. Available in 4 gorgeous colours – black, blue, white, yellow. My favourite colours for this bag are the white and black versions.
39.Likemary Cotton Cloth Eco Shoulder Backpack Rucksack – I love this laid-back design – can be used as a backpack or over the shoulder as a banana bag. Made from excess 100% cotton fabric and with 100% cotton lining – the bag has an inside pocket and a mobile phone holder. It fits inside a matching pouch or you can use the pouch for lipstick & other girly essentials!
40.Cath Kidston Tiny 2 Women’s Umbrella In Rose Jack - A funky, exceptionally compact, flat umbrella in a Union Jack -cum-rose design. Made from super lightweight performance polyester fabric with a wind resistant aluminium/fibreglass frame.
41.Heathcote & Ivory Vintage Rose Medium Wash Bag with Mirror - Ideal for those weekends away! Made from durable oilcloth material, which is easy to wipe and strong. It is lined inside with matching green fabric, and has an inside single pouch pocket. Charming green vintage rose print design with an adorable bird perched on a rose. comes with a mirror decorated with Heathcote & Ivory’s vintage rose green print too.
42.Roman Originals Rose Printed Cardigan - Lovely cardigan with an eye catching red, black and white rose patterned print. Featuring a v-neckline leading down to a row of buttons and a pretty frilly detail around the neckline and button panel. simply gorgeous and versatile for every occasion.
43.Spiral Direct “Rose Reflections” Lace Glove Hip Length Top - Gorgeous gothic/rock chick top with a highly detailed screen printed rose image on the front. the top has been printed and made using skin-friendly azo-free dyes – and the print is durable enough not to crack or peel. Handily enough, it is machine washable.
44.Current/Elliott Red Boyfriend Short - Very flirty denim cut-off shorts featuring a faded floral print – just perfect for summer. See this article’s header photo – as you can see, they’re stunning with cowboy boots!
45.Christopher Kane Photographic Rose Printed Cotton T-Shirt - Fantastic white cotton tee with a colour spotted photographic rose print at the front. Very stylish worn with skinnies or cut off shorts.
Enjoy the essence of summer!!
Photo credits: Farfetch; Zalando; Dorothy Perkins; Everything5Pounds; Fashion Traffic; Amazon; Lyst