This year the colour yellow has enjoyed a bit of a revival and I’m so pleased it has – the colour just oozes sunshine, looks cool teamed with white, and it is a colour that suits every hair colour making it extremely versatile. I remember wearing yellow in the early 1980s – I owned wide yellow belts, yellow handbags, and one of my favourite ensembles was a yellow lace bodysuit/leotard worn with black wet look leggings topped with a yellow/black baggy kimono style shirt! The fashion colour briefly returned in the early 2000s – short sleeved polo neck knit tops teamed with white loose leg linen trousers; and now, in the last year or so, yellow has been mixed with other colours such as fuchsia pink (as in my dress in the photo above) or with traditional white, such as this simple stripy vest top from La Redoute’s Spring/Summer collection 2014.
Without further ado, here are my seven top spots of this week – all in mellow yellow…
1. Diesel Yellow Denim Trousers. I just love Diesel jeans.. they fit well and last well. These yellow skinny jeans make a pleasant change from denim, having a lovely coated fabric effect finish and a side slit hemline. Ideal for summer worn with sandals or ballet pumps; for Autumn with Dr Martens and a baggy hooded sweatshirt; for winter, with black biker ankle boots and a chunky roll neck tunic sweater; and then Spring, with a delicate floral blouse and heeled courts.
2. ASOS Yellow Midi Strapless Dress. Maybe a bit too revealing for a wedding, but for a posher social do this stretch cotton rich blend strapless dress could look stunning – especially if you’ve got that holiday tan or naturally dark toned skin.
3. Ted Baker Yellow Small Bow Tote Bag. This miniature tote with its large central bow just oozes summer sophistication.
4. Napapijri Yellow T Shirt. Ideal for late summer/autumn days, this sunny casual tee looks great with jeans, denim shorts or skirt.
5. Red Valentino Yellow T Shirt. This tee with its cute frilly cap sleeves is versatile enough to wear with jeans during the day or can be smartened up with a pair of capri pants and some kitten heel slingbacks.
6. Adia Kibur Yellow Chain and Stone Necklace. A very elegant piece of jewellery to add a little “je ne sais pas” to your Little Black Dress.
7. Rag & Bone Yellow Sloane Floral Print Suede Sandals. I could not end this post without featuring footwear and these sandals are simply divine. Although fairly high, at approx 5 inches, the stacked heel gives ample walking support and the pretty floral print suede is complimented with the brown leather trim.
Have a mellow yellow late summer moment….
Photo Credits: Linda Hobden, Lyst