CONGRATULATIONS! ….you’re getting married! You’ve bought the dress, planned the colour scheme, booked the reception venue, found your dream photographer, twizzled your hair, grown your nails, designed the flower arrangements, sent out the invites, staked out the church, sampled the wares of the caterers, calmed family squabbles, appealed to the sun to shine, fell in love with airbrush foundation, researched the musical entertainment, succumbed to the hen night plans….NOW you’re ready for the great wedding shoe hunt!
Today’s brides have so much choice that your shoes for your special day can be tailor made to reflect your mood,personality,colour scheme, dress style, comfort or you can unleash your inner diva and go for something totally funky !
- TRADITIONAL/VINTAGE – mid heel courts or bridal flats in plain white or ivory or pastel colours, maybe in satin and embellished with pearl,lace or bow details. Still very stylish and flattering. Check out the range at www.weddingbellesbrides.co.uk – their shoe range is totally classy and affordable.
- HEELS & BLING – sky high heels and wedges blinged with crystals,diamante, pearls and studs. In a range of colours and shades and styles from ivory pearl to leopard print stunners … no colour is left out ! On the other end of the heel spectrum you can often get matching flat pumps … so you don’t have to be uncomfortable to bling if heels are not your thing! I would suggest investing in some foot pads to insert into your heels …mine cost a pound or two from my local Kleeneze agent…they really do help to ease the burning sensation from being in heels all day! Or for something really different, wear blinged converse trainers!! There are a lot of companies that offer these heels, especially on Facebook, like Diamond Divas (www.facebook.com/diamonddivas3) and Princess Sparkle ( www.facebook.com/kpboutique).
- SHADES OF BLUE – To fulfil the tradition of wearing something blue, shoes would be a great idea. Again there is a vast spectrum of blue shades to choose from and a vast selection of heels and styles catering for every budget. High Street chains, such as BHS (www.bhs.co.uk) are a good place to source your wedding shoes.
- QUIRKY/FUNKY – Red is becoming quite a popular wedding shoe colour. From tartan courts (www.internacionale.com) to the gothic/rock look of popular brand Iron Fist ( both heels and flats). Iron Fist shoes can be found on Amazon (click on their advert link at the bottom of the page), and in independent boutiques such as Unique Boutique ( www.theuniqueboutiqueclothing.co.uk) and La Boutique (www.laboutiqueessex.co.uk). OR be really funky and quirky and don a pair of Doc Martens for a comfy and trendy march down the aisle! (as modelled by the lovely Jemima Williams in the above photo).
- BRIDAL FLATS – If you really can’t walk in tottering heels or sky high wedges, then flats will fit the bill. Flats may be comfortable but they needn’t be frumpy …some brides have recommended Indian beaded Khussa leather shoes, purchased from ebay. Gorgeous and comfortable…what more could you want…
- AND LASTLY, if you do wear heels you could always invest in a pair of foldaway handbag pumps…ideal for the night’s end. Selection available from www.essexylegs.co.uk.
Whatever you decide to wear I hope you have a fabulous day! Don’t forget to check out my Facebook group, Boots,Shoes et Al,(click on the Facebook button at the top of the page to go straight to my group page) to get ideas from fellow members or if you need help in locating the perfect shoe for you, put in your request and we’ll do our very best to help you.
© 2012 – 2018, Linda. All rights reserved.