It’s getting close to the time when we’re thinking about office parties, Christmas festivities and New Year extravaganzas….and almost every woman will open her wardrobe, sigh and wonder what to wear…should old faithful be dragged out again or should you splash out on a new dress or two or three! So, sit back, relax and read on ….I have found this year’s perfect party dresses to suit all…whether you’re going to a posh ball, cocktail party, local pub, disco, office do or family party ….whatever size, I have found mini,midi,maxi ….strapless,sleeveless or long sleeves….whatever your age …and budget!! With accessories and the important hosiery ….plus glitzy footwear…you’ll be ready to party like its 2012!
If you’re looking for a short dress that would suit all occasions, day or night, then Boutique’s Pleated Skater style Dress available in 9 different colours would fit the bill. If you’re wanting something more suitable for the disco/club then a lace bodycon dress with a coloured lining may fit the bill either in a v neck style (available in black,blue or white) or Crazy Girl’s Drape and Lace detail dress with lining in red, as pictured.
£20 – £50
I must admit this is the most popular price range and encompasses most of the High Street brands. Joe Browns have really excelled this year – I am totally charmed by the Boogie To Your Own Beat Dress – a strapless dress in an eye catching foil jacquard with a muted silver pattern and net lining. For that posh ball or prom it’s the bees knees! In fact, Joe Browns designs have been inspired by the music and ambiance of Brazil ( Fabulously Floaty Floral Dress)…floaty, hi-lo hem, long length and fully lined and oh so bright!…. and, have been inspired by Peggy Sue’s Diner in the middle of the Mojave Desert ( Sexy Satin Dress with a cowl neckline, full skirt and net lining). In fact the 50’s style dress with full skirt and in most cases, net lining, is very on trend – Tiger Milly’s Floral Dress in black/white or white/black, as shown,
– other options include F & F ‘s one shoulder or V back taffeta prom dresses. Smart shift style cocktail dresses include Bon Prix’s Rose Waist Cocktail Dress – a satin dress with an unusual “step” neckline and a giant rose on the waist (not a style I’d recommend if you have a large bust); and Unique Boutique’s Pink and Black Stripe Dress. If tight fitting body con sequin strewn dresses are more your thing then Internacionale’s range of party dresses will fit the bill – a delicate ivory/gold sequin dress with a fitted bodice and sweetheart neckline; Berry crochet hourglass midi dress; Black Stud bustier dress with adjustable straps and a chiffon dip back skirt – to name a few. If you’re wanting sleeves then look no further than AX Paris’s sequin long sleeve v front dress ( show off that cleavage!) or BooHoo’s Beyonce Velvet Panelled Midi Dress (high necked, figure hugging with a low scoop back with cross over detail). For strapless, La Redoute offer a lined strapless dress in black with gold sequins. BUT if you really want to make that jaw dropping entrance then Love Label’s Sleeveless Flock Print Body Maxi Dress is the dress to go for….
£50 – £100
In this price range you could go for some beading – try the knitted beaded flapper dress from Top Shop – the beading is on the front and around the trim, also there is an under slip with this dress, so you do keep your modesty!! For a long sleeve alternative, the Next Geri Grey beaded dress is absolutely gorgeous – you must check it out! If sequins are more your thing, then Marks & Spencers Per Una range has a lovely short sleeved and flattering slash neck dress that is sequin embellished to perfection. If you rather like the idea of going strapless then Lipsy’s dress in the colour labelled “Barcelona” would no doubt get you noticed. It is red with a vengeance….flamenco red…. see the photo, isn’t it smashing?!
Or maybe how about bright pink? Lovarni’s Hybrid Jane Contrast Strapless Zip Dress – a bright pink stretch satin dress with contrasting black satin and an on trend exposed zip – might fit the bill. If you really want to stand out then Top Shop has the answer with their sequin strapless dress. For a more sophisticated affair, try Lovarni again – the oxblood coloured Hybrid Alonso Satin Contrast Panel Pencil Dress with a sweetheart neckline or the thick strapped black Hybrid Muse Satin Panel Split Dress in a stretchy fabric and a double split at the front – either would do to create that sexy elegant chic look! And for something totally different, check out House of Dereon Cape Tunic Dress in black (see picture) ..ideal as a dress or with sparkly leggings or disco pants!
£100 and above
Here are a few of my favourite designer party dresses : for fans of the mini dress, Versace goes basic with this fuchsia pink long sleeved jersey dress – there are no appliqués,no frills,no pockets,no fastenings and no lining(!); for fans of the knee length/midi styles, Hobbs London Precious Dress is a capped sleeved shift dress in an antique gold metallic silk mix or how about SoCouture’s red sequin Hampton Pencil Dress to brighten up the party; for maxi dress fans, Temperley London Long Vesta Gathered Dress, a long sleeved gunmetal grey dress with a plunging neckline and cinched in waist, can transform you into a party goddess …or turn heads by wearing the sari style Adrianna Papell Maxi Dress (see photo).
Clutches are needed to store your lippy !! There are so many to choose from but have a look at the range offered by Dune, Miss Sixty and KC Mode. For something a bit different, how about the Beaded Little Pouch Shaped Clutch Bag (as pictured) available in 6 different colours – one is bound to match your outfit!
To hunt for more bags, give BagServant a try – an online handbag shopping destination for buying a handbag for any occasion at any price based on your handbag personality!
My favourite party shoes seen this week online:
- Isabel Marant Stanly Studded Suede Pumps
- Internacionale Multi Extreme Wedge Courts
- Internacionale Blue Bow Wedge Courts
- Internacionale Darcy Black Lace Wedge
- Moda in Pelle Leather Leopard Print Peep Toe Shoes
- Next Black and Nude Lace Shoots
- Next Black Velvet Flower Pointed Court Shoes
- WOW Footwear Ebba Orange High Heels
- Lipsy Women’s Kourtneys Platform Heels
- Daniels Platform Court Shoe – Gold Glitter